The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) helps low income individuals 55-years-old or over who have poor employment prospects. Program participants work at community and government agencies and are paid the federal or state minimum wage, whichever is higher. They also may receive training, and can use their participation as a bridge to other employment positions not supported with federal funds.
Big Sandy Area Community Action Program serves SCSEP participants in Elliott, Floyd, Johnson, Lawrence, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Pike, and Rowan counties.
- Up to 15 hours a week of part-time employment in community service assignments
- Job training and related educational opportunities
- Opportunities for placement into unsubsidized jobs
To be eligible to participate in the SCSEP, an individual must be:
- 55 years of age or older.
- Low-income, with family or individual income not to exceed 125% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- A current resident of Kentucky.
- Email SCSEP@bsacap.org
- Call (606) 789-6517
The Senior Community Service Employment Program is funded under Title V of the Older Americans Act, through the National Council on the Aging.